Monday, July 14, 2014

CASE Study and a Die-Cutting Challenge

Hello all!

Today I have a quick card to share that I made for the CASE Study Challenge blog. This month's muse is the always-amazing Shari Carroll. Her card for this week is incredible - lots of intricate die-cutting, some butterflies, and a lovely color scheme. I tried to incorporate some of these elements into my card:


I decided to break out some great Simon Says Stamp products I've had for a bit but haven't used until now: the wonderful Butterfly Drift die and the Butterfly Friends stamps and matching dies (for the sentiment). I cut out the die about 5 times and then glued them all together to make it dimensional. I LOVE this technique but it can be time consuming...and gluey. =) I inlaid the patterned pieces inside the outline. One of the things I loved about Shari's card was the patterned paper scattered among the die-cutting, so this was my take on that. I liked the butterflies so much that I actually considered not putting a sentiment on the front...but I like the extra pop of color from the die cut piece. 

With all this die-cutting I realized my card also qualified for the Virginia's View challenge this month, which is all about die-cutting. This is a newer challenge blog that I've been following since the start but this is my first time getting a card done in time to enter! It's a really fun blog with lots of cool guest designers and inspiration. Check it out!  

*~M~*

10 comments:

  1. I love how you worked with this butterflies die. Looks very nice1 Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this! Great take on the inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely DREAMY and GORGEOUS, Mary! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! Congrats on the Facebook feature over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad that you entered V. V. Challenge for the first time :) Hope to see more of your lovely work, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I love your take on the inspiration! I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh...lovely work!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats on the case study win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! The dimension and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary - I see that you haven't posted here in a while - but I wanted to drop in to thank you for your comment on my blog - I'm so glad you're heading out to Hamlet ... I hope you enjoy it!! Do let me know afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)